Techni Ice Fridges

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 21:19
ThreadID: 100799 Views:10943 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I saw back in September some posts about these fridges (members Woozle and Joseph C3).
Did you or anyone else have any success with these fridges? They look good and are the right price. I am looking for an inexpensive option to the Engels/Waecos etc and don't want to necessarily waste my money. I'm interested on how they performed when running off the battery; current draw, temperature control, etc.
Any feed back is appreciated.
Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TerraFirma - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:00

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:00
It took them 5 months to reply to a question I asked about what compressor they were using and some warranty questions. To me if you buy one of these you are taking a risk. The price of purchase doesn't represent the cost of ownership if something goes wrong. Personally I don't think Waeco make a real good product either, however the ability to service Waeco and Engel is easy. I know I haven't answered your question however I just don't trust them. Anyhow below is their reply after 5 months.

Thanks for your email and sorry for the late reply. The compressor used in our car fridge is an Italian brand – Domus. Our car fridge covers 2 years warranty. If there is anything wrong, you just need to give us a ring back, we’ll cover the postage for you to send it back to us for repairment or replacement. Thank you!

Regards
Corinna Zhao
Global National Australia Pty Ltd
Techniice Head Office
Melbourne, Australia
Tel: +61 (3) 9783 1922
Fax: +61 (3) 9783 1677
e-mail: corinna@techniice.com
AnswerID: 505728

Reply By: rooster350 - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:28

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:28
We bought the 30l model ..$499 with 28l esky and 6 sheets of techni ice , the esky and techni ice were delivered reasonably quickly but we had to wait awhile for the fridge , it appears that they presell the fridges and you get yours delivered in the next shipment. They appear to be a Waeco clone , ours runs very quietly(hard to hear it actually) and going by the specks and testing that I have done is good on the power usage. I took it down to -17 and it did not take very long at all to get there, has a digital temperature readout and can be set to a temperature, it is to be used for drinks only when travelling and will be running off the van battery. We have another similar one branded EvaKool...it will be used as a freezer , just a little bit of difference here and there but pretty much the same...cheers
AnswerID: 505730

Reply By: Member - Peter H36 - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 13:07

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 13:07
Hi there

We bought a 30ltr fridge 2 years ago

The first one we got did not turn off and kept running down to -25c

Techniice replaced it no probs and no cost for return postage either

We have beat the replacement thing up all over the country including the Canning and have had no problems at all. The current draw is 2.5 amps when it runs and has variable voltage cut off levels so it won't run your battery flat.

Cheers

The worst day retired is still better than the best day at work

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 505736

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 15:45

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 15:45
Waeco 45 Litre

Noticed some Waeco 45 Litre Fridge Freezers selling on Ebay for $699 new, thats only $100 more than the Techni Ice. Food for thought.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WAECO-CDF45-FRIDGE-FREEZER-COVER-AC-PORTABLE-12-24-240-VOLT-CAR-TRUCK-BOAT-/300850205975?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460c11d517

FollowupID: 782687

Sponsored Links